Thursday, October 30, 2008

The power of ONE

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!
And what a birthday! 
I have to hand it to Jeff for the most excellent surprise! 
It was Wednesday mid day, (my birthday was not till the next day) and Jeff insisted that I pack my things, 
get everything ready for Lucy, and meet him at his parents home by 3. 
Well, little did I know that we would be leaving Lucy with Karma and Mel, and be heading
up to beautiful Midway, to the Homestead! 

I'm sure that any good mother would miss her child horribly, and although I do ADORE
Lucy, the power of ONE night...with just Jeff and I was a huge slice of relaxation. 
This is the adorable place we stayed in! We only saw 4 other people, soaked in all the 
fall beauty, and really enjoyed peace and quiet! 
I encourage ya'll to visit, on the off season, if you are looking for a fantastic get away. 
Fall, and all the beauty. Need I say more. 
So, all you dedicated and loyal fans to the Burger Meister House, there is no such thing! 
Yes, I know, true tragedy! 
They have replaced the historic land mark with "Mountain House Grill" 
It was not near the Swiss experience that Burger Meister House offered, but still tasty eats!
So, if this isn't the coolest thing I've ever seen...a natural hot spring, in a crater! 
I'm surprised that I even ventured beyond this gate...
Once inside, despite attempts to throw me in, 
Jeff and I enjoyed a 30 min. soak in the 95 degree hot spring! 
Perfect! 
It is 65m. deep natural pool.
People can scuba, snorkel or just soak in the craters waters. 
We just floated around and enjoyed the bubbles from the below scuba divers. 
I had no idea that such a place existed, and in little old Midway. (p.s. what a good lookin' guy!!)
I LOVE surprises, but was not expecting such a great quick get away! 
Thank you Jeff for all the trouble to plan such an adventure! 
Thank you for making it such a great beginning to my new year! 
Thank you 10 times over Sanders for watching Lucy! This was not possible with out your help!
 Thank you Megan AND Jenna for spending time with me, and making me 
feel so loved! I adore you both! 
What a great beginning to many more years to come!!! 







7 comments:

lulu said...

I'm jealous that you went in the warm spring. We went to the Homestead for our honeymoon and I was such a bum...practically didn't want to do anything. LAME. But, the lights did go out in the restaurant.
Happy Birthday Jackie.

Marie said...

Happy Birthday Jackie!

Jeff and I went to the homestead for a few nights earlier this year and we enjoyed it too. It was nice and quiet and a good place to go and just get away from it all. And Jeff scuba dives too, so he dove and I snorkeled on the top. It was so fun. I'm glad that you enjoyed it!

Rebecca Barlow said...

Jackie - Happy Birthday!!!! Your get-a-way looks like it was so much fun. I am so happy for you. That was really thoughtful of Jeff to do that. He needs to have a little talk with Spencer :)
love you lots!
Becca

jenna marie said...

Jackie! It is my absolute pleasure to hang out with you. So glad u had a wonderful bday, that husband of yours is a keeper!! I'm so happy he surprised you with such a fun trip.

Auds Beck said...

FUN FUN!!! I still can't forgive myself for forgetting your B-day!!!

Sam and Darcy said...

Happy Birthday! I am so glad you made it up here when the weather was so beautiful. What a fun get-away. And the fact that it was a surprise, even better :) You look amazing by the way! I wouldn't get near a swim suit right now, and I am pretty sure you are farther along than me.

JanaB said...

Well. . . shoot happy late birthday. . . . happy almost baby. . . and I am so JEALOUS you went to the Homestead!!!!!! One of my most favorite favorite places in all of Utah to stay. . . I REALLY NEED A VACATION!!!!!! You look GREAT! Do you feel great :) (wink wink!) Get some rest. . . (maybe?) Love ya Dixie Jr.