Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Poor little Sweetie

Well...this is the second time writing this, because the first would not have taken many of you past the first few words. 
I'll say in short my sweet little "nuna" had her first experience with throw up. She had some other issues today, with, as my brother would say "the diarrhea", but was perfectly normal. 
Luckily we had just made it in the door from grocery shopping when I thought she was choking, so I put my hand in front of her mouth, but not even a bucket would have done the job.  
Not to go into more detail then necessary, but I just didn't think her little stomach could hold that much.  Poor little thing!!! 
She was not in the least effected by it, but man, do I feel bad!  We went on a nice walk tonight, and she seems to be doing great, but we'll see how it goes through the night.  Oh, and with house guests coming for the rest of the weekend, we have our fingers crossed!! 
Its true, when parents say they'd rather be sick then their kids! If she just weren't so DANG cute...we may have more then this to write about! 
Oh, and yes, the sink got clorox-ed, and the entire floor was mopped.  

Oh, and if you are wondering why people on steroids never get hives....its because THAT is a medication for hives!! Who would have thought! 
We're still quite itchy over here, but don't worry, they are NOT contagious! 
We're just hoping our bouncing baby boy doesn't come out looking to much like a pro football player, thanks to the roids! 

5 comments:

Megs, Brad, and Abbie said...

OH man...got to love the vomit stories. Seriously, after that happens I just sit there and have to take a deep breath before I can start the cleaning process. What are your hives from? I have never had them but good to know that the steroids are working..

jenna marie said...

auh man, only you would come up with some excuse like hives to get going on the steroids.

Poor lil Lucy, as her auntie I feel it my obligation to bring her one of my buckets her mom made fun of me for as a child. ? Why did you torment me so?? :) JK, I deserve every bit of it!

lulu said...

My lips are forming a frowny face. I feel bad for you both. Good luck!

Alisa said...

Ew, I got carsick today and that's the closest I've come to vomit in the past several months of my life. I'm glad Lucy wasn't too traumatized! As for me, no more texting (as a passenger, yes) in the car! Who knew that texting counts as reading?!

(;

Hope those hives are on the downhill; that is crazy when they cover you from head to toe.

Rebecca Barlow said...

You took steroids?!?! Holy camoli! Just watch, you'll have a twenty pound baby to deliver.
Lots of love
Becca