Friday, September 26, 2008

These are a few of my FAVORITE things!!!!!


Peaches!!! Well, thanks to a few folks, I had peaches galore! Unfortunately 
it took incredible amounts of control to stop eating them, and begin the bottling bonanza
We seriously were eating about 10 a day,
 and I began to wonder if there would be any left to bottle! 
As a matter of fact, yes, there were a few to bottle. 
We ended up with about 16 quart jars, with one minor disaster. 

Necessary items when canning...
1. A willing husband who won't mind if the kitchen is a disaster for several hours, even days
2. A patient daughter, who won't mind eating the green peaches 
3. A completely unattached love for a clean floor
because when you finish, the floor will feel like one big honey jar!!!

Oh, and as for Lucy, her favorite things...
as of lately it is Henry the Hippo. This darling toy has taken 
Lucy places she didn't dream she would go. 
If it had an odometer it may have logged more then 12 miles! She LOVES to push 
it all around, or at least until she runs into a wall, or furniture. 
She is not walking yet, but with Henrys help, it may come sooner then later.
And last but NOT LEAST!!!!!!
My 2nd favorite thing this week....LEGACY HIGHWAY!!!!!!
Even ask Jeff, this has been on the bottom of my wish list. I was doubtful, and 
not in the least bit excited for this supposed solution to the traffic dilemma in North Salt Lake. 
Well, all my fellow doubters, all ears!! 
It was Wednesday, and I had been with a client in Salt Lake.
As we made our way home, in the peak of rush hour traffic, it didn't take long for me 
to realize our amazing speed. 
As we cruised along at a comfortable 65 MPH, I felt my  love and adoration grow for Legacy highway! By no means were we delayed by traffic or any other transportation issue. 
I encourage all of you to enjoy rush hour traffic in Davis county now! It truly is an 
enjoyable experience! 

header_contest_new.png

 

3 comments:

Emily said...

First things first, You don't even look pregnant!!!
You look great, and of course so does darling Lucy! Hope all is well with you guys, we should try to get together before the babes come!

jenna marie said...

I one hundred percent agree with you, Legacy Highway was worth the wait!! Did you know they've been working on it for almost as long as we have been alive?? And it is so pretty too!
Love the peaches and the hippo.
The reason I am here on your blog, other than that I love it, is to steal a picture of you for a flier to hang at the school announcing your arrival as our first guest speaker! Ye-ah baby!

Auds Beck said...

peaches look so good-minus the fuzz! Hippo power!! Go Lucy!!! We will have to try legacy when we get back there.