Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Why I LOVE Veterans Day

When Jeff worked as a city planner, Veterans Day was a paid vacation day. 
 Veterans Day was not only a paid vacation, BUT it is JEFFS BIRTHDAY!!!!!
So, now that he is no longer works with a city, we were finally able to celebrate his birthday, 
like I've always wanted!  

I remember when I was little, my mom would load us all in the car, and take us down
 to my dads office, with treats for the entire office, on my dads birthday. 
I have ALWAYS wanted to do this, but being that its a paid day off in his previous jobs,
 never had the opportunity! 
Well, today, Lucy and I joined Jeff for lunch and pumpkin pie! At his office!! 
It was fun to be down town and out to lunch with the city folk! 
Lucy and I are both SO SO lucky to have Jeff!!!! 
Jeff is a great husband, and a TERRIFIC father!
Happy Birthday, "old man Sanders!!!" 
We LOVE you !!!!!  

2 comments:

Hilary said...

Happy Birthday Jeff!! Your birthday happens to be one of the random facts I remember from high school--only because it is exactly 3 weeks after mine but we were in different grades. Crazy. Welcome to the 32 club! You'll love it.

Hayley and Josh said...

Oh man, happy birthday Jeff! I so want pumkin pie now. Hope it was a fun day.