Saturday, November 15, 2008

The Leonardo

SO SO SO cool, and HIGHLY recommended!!! 
If you have NOT been, to "The Bodyworlds Exhibit", GO!!!!
Jeff and I went on Friday, I did have expectations, and they were EXCEEDED.
I won't spoil the fun, but the human body is aMaZiNg!! I came to appreciate a woman's ability 
to cary and "grow" a child. Humans are a remarkable species. 
Other impressions I had were sympathy for those with arthritis (DAD!!!), 
body parts that have received replacements (Miguel, :)) 
 and the common element that ALL of us on earth enjoy, A HEART!!! 
On a serious note, I did learn that a person can truly suffer, and DIE from a broken heart! 
I know several people who's children have been called home far to early, 
and have wondered if their sorrow will ever be overcome. 
To die of a broken heart is simply a toxic overload, from stress. 
Amazing, that our body could allow such an occurrence! 
Ok. ENOUGH SAID!!! 
JUST GO!!! 

And, thanks a BILLION Karma and Mel for babysitting! 
They also took us out to lunch for our birthdays, to the Texas Roadhouse, 
which was quite tasty! 
Lucy's favorite part, the honey butter! 
Yum! 
At least she'll have beautiful, glowing (and probably zitty skin) when she's older! 

P.S. We both got the audio tour as well. Jeff said it wasn't worth it, 
and I recommend it...

5 comments:

Marie said...

Oh, I miss you guys! And you only have like 2 weeks left girl! How time flies, huh? I've heard that the BodyWorld exhibit was really good, but we just don't have the money to spend on that. I wonder where we could get free tickets like a lot of the hospital folk.

Anyhow, keep having fun , cute baby is on the way!

Emily said...

You don't look like you're two weeks away from having a baby!!! You look terrific, hope you're feeling good...And glad to hear you enjoyed that exhibit. We saw part of it in Oregon, and though it was way cool.

Megan said...

I can't wait to see the exhibit. Thanks for the reminder. You do look amazing and I hope you are feeling just as well! We need to get together before this baby comes. Call me!

JS said...

I loved Body Worlds! Tyson was all over it! He was telling me everything I needed to know about the human body.. you know being a doctor and all. :)

Did you get to see cancer on the lungs, the coal miners lung, the second hand smoke lung, and a smoking lung? I thought that was the most amazing thing. A smoking lung was almost as black as the coal miner's lung...

Anyways I could talk about it all day. :)

jenna marie said...

you've made me really want to see it now!! And I loved the comment about body part replacements, it was not lost on me what you were talking about funny girl.