Friday, November 7, 2008

Confessions of a stay at home mother...

First, let me offer a question. 
How many grapefruits can a persons body tolerate in a 24 hour period? 
It all started at Costco, yesterday. I physically could not push my cart past the 
delectable bag of grapefruits that stood before me. 
I tried going around them, even to a different isle. But it was as if my cart 
had a mind of its own, and before I knew it, I had a bag of grapefruits in MY cart!!! 
Well, since then, I have consumed at least 5, and I say at least, because I truly have lost count! 
Why are they delicious to me? I may never know, but MAN are they delicious!!! 
Ok, and my next two confessions, I have found GREAT pleasure, just today, 
listening to CHRISTMAS MUSIC!!! Yes, I know, even Jeff, my ever loving husband
finds it hard to love me when I listen to Christmas music in NOVEMBER!!!!
Sorry everybody. 
Perhaps its a mental thing. I know that if I am listening to Christmas music, 
that must mean our baby boy is getting closer to being here!!!!! 
So, maybe I can trick myself, and by listening to christmas music, will my body into labor. 
Heck, who knows, maybe grapefruits have an inducing effect. 
I'll let you know!!! 
And the last confession, on one of the Christmas songs, they mentioned FRUIT CAKE
Normally, I would dry heave at just the mention of such a catastrophe, but my friends, 
what has the world come to? It actually sounds good. I've already thought,
 "how could I disguise such a beast, to get Jeff to eat some, so that I ( heaven forbid!!!) would not eat a whole loaf!!!"
Honestly, I don't think I could live with myself if I made one, sorry Fruit Cake. 

6 comments:

*The Hales Family* said...

i start listening to christmas music in october, and yes...people think i am weird, but I don't care. I LOVE IT!

lulu said...

I would have to agree. Grapefruit sounds devine. I think I'll make a trip Monday.

jenna marie said...

you aren't the only one, I heard on 100.3 (not that I listen to this channel, ever) a Christmas song. And then Christmas ads! And of course Christmas has been out in the stores since practically August so you might as well be enjoying one of the best parts of the season: The MUSIC!! love your enthusiasm my friend. AND I'm sleeping with my phone these days just waiting for that grapefruit to work some magic.

Hayley and Josh said...

I'll bet you could make a yummy fruit cake. Everything I've eaten that you have made has been pretty darn tasty.

I MISS YOU!!! And this post made me miss you even more.

Heidi Henderson said...

I love it! You are human! I listen to christmas music too... cause I love the holidays and when I listen to it now it just last longer! Always the drive home for thanksgiving we listen to christmas music! It's great! Just shows you enjoy life! :)

Auds Beck said...

I think you are the real fruitcake, with your fur lined orange hooded jacket, and your too cute of a family. Go ahead eat a whole one yourself,I DARE you, you know you will just run,walk,jump, whatever you do to get it off you the second it goes down that "Whole Foods" throat of yours anyway!! DO IT!!!!!! J/K Jax!!! We love you and try not to be jealous of all that you are and do!!!!