Sunday, June 29, 2008

Heber Girls Camp

So, what is more fun then going to girls camp, when you are 13,14,15,16 and 17? ALSO going when you are 26!!! I am the Behive advisor in our ward, and let me just tell you its better then great.  I did feel a bit guilty leaving Lucy with Jeff, as I've never been away for a night, but it was great! These are a few of the girls, ready for an afternoon 5 miler! 
 A sunrise hike.  It is SO nice to get away from the city craziness, and just to smell the great out doors! It was much much needed! 
This was on the 5 miler. We got up so high, and it only made me get itchin to do a nice long back backing hike with my father-in-law. That will have to wait my friends. 
And one of the most amazing things we saw on the hike were these caterpillar nests. They were everywhere. Some were all enclosed, and others had the critters baking in the sun. They were something I had not seen before, but fascinating!!!! 
All in all, it was a great trip! 
Just what the doctor ordered. 

4 comments:

jmr said...

hey jax, just spent some blissful minutes here in your corner of cyber space soaking in all the new posts. love the pics and the stories and you!

Rebecca Barlow said...

You look so cute in that pink bandana - I wish I could get away with it. Love you lots
Becca

cameron said...

where did you get Marsh Parker sunglassed from? You look so great!!

Auds Beck said...

way to go on the pix of the 'pillars-you are taking after dad!