Friday, August 1, 2008

Ahhh, adorable, appetizing APRICOTS!!!!


I just HATE to see and apricot fall off the tree, and not realize its full potential...so....

it began with.....
PICKING

then we continued to bottling ...

starting with a fresh batch, transforming into fruit leather...


and went out like a lion...covered in cocolate!!!
These were a few of my adventures with the apricots. 
Not shown here are the pounds and pounds that were consumed before, during 
and after all these processes. (And are still being consumed! YUM!!!) 
 
I'll spare you the details of turning them into jam...so for now, enjoy the apricot leather, bottles and chocolate dipped morsels! 


Oh, and lest I forget our BIG BIG news of the week...Lucy cut her first TOOTH!!!! 
This, sadly, was not with out the sleepless night, BUT she can't wait to 
enjoy all the more apricots!! 
YESH!!!!

8 comments:

Julie said...

Jackie, you are so smart. Can you teach me how to do such domestic things?

hgsanders said...

Jackie I wish I lived closer so you could share of of those yummy treats and teach me a thing or two:)

JS said...

Cutting teeth is not fun, but enjoying the little toothy grin is AMAZING!

Wow! Apricot everything! That fruit leather sounds so amazing.. dried in the sun. Yum.. oh and the chocolate covered apricotes... um.. can I come over?

Rebecca Barlow said...

I am completely and absolutely jealous of your yummy apricot treats! You domestic goddess you! Love you so much and I am so glad that I finally have your blog address again.
Bec

Abester said...

I'll admit, I was skeptical. But I sampled the chocolate-dipped apricots myself and they were quite tasty. Nice work Martha Stewart!

Heidi Henderson said...

Jackie.... super mom... HELLO! I just want to be like you!! Truth!!
We need to hang out more!!!!!!

jmr said...

you amaze me Jax. I'm so happy someone else loves the orchard like I do. Next up: Peaches and apples!! What will you come up with for those bad boys? pies? shakes?

Auds Beck said...

You are too nice. We will pay you later for the nice things you said about us. We know the real story!!
It was too fun! Love us