Monday, October 11, 2010

More then a mouth full!!!

This is what you get after 6 MONTHS of not going childless. One excited couple!
While my parents were in town, Jeff and I were able to do so many things, alone!
One of my favorites, an early morning bike ride to DC on the Custis Trail (A trail that finds its way in, through and around DC) SUPER fun!
This picture was our night out in Georgetown. Thanks Mom and Dad!
Just after this glorious picture was taken, we lost the car key!
Good thing we don't live that far from down town.
We had a friend bring down a key, and that next morning came looking for the key.
Yup, we found it!
We'll miss these two! Thanks for the fun!!!
We've been meaning to do some family photos.
We finally had a friend come and take some, but while she was taking some,
I did my own experimenting with the kiddies.
I love how some of these turned out.

Henry! We really do call him (endearingly) stinker!
We all just can't get enough of this happy go lucky smiler!
The night before, Charlie chipped his tooth (big time) on the tub.
Good thing he was a grump, otherwise, you'd have seen his now triangle front tooth.


Funny how they're all holding their hands.
(They're waiting for their fish crackers)
"Farm Day" at our beloved Cherry Hill Park.
Lucy SCREAMED when she got off the horse. She wanted to ride for so much longer.
She loved the pony ride.
The pumpkin which Charlie got to choose, and paint.
I asked him to show me the pumpkin, this is what I got.
They loved painting it.
We'll have to get some more before the seasons end.

Harpers Ferry.
Jeff had monday off, so we decided to make a weekend trip to the
picture-esk town of Harpers Ferry, in West Virginia.
BEAUTIFUL!
This historic town sits on the Shenandoah River, and did not disappoint.
So funny, Lucy, once we told her we were going on vacation, didn't stop saying the word.
I even caught her pulling up her Elmo underwear, whispering to herself, "vacation".
She'd often pick up the phone in the room, and explain, to any imaginary listener,
"we can't do that, we're on vacation".
Yes, we were!!
The kids peeking in what use to be the old cellars. They loved running
through this sleepy towns streets, and munching ice cream.
While the boys took a nap, Lucy and I did THIS.
We bought some kettle corn, and found us a little peace and quiet, and snacked away!

Can't believe in just 2 weeks this little one will be 3!!!!

Thank heavens for hotel beds.
If it weren't for them, our children may not even know how to jump.
Jeff and I were both feeling sluggish all weekend, which led to a very
relaxing, chill vacation.
Super glad we went!

5 comments:

lulu said...

How in the world do you get your kids to nap on vacation?

Emily said...

Oh how I love family pictures!! And your little ones are so cute! As always, amazed at the adventures you guys are up to! Looks like Fall is as AMAZING as I remember it on the East Coast!

Emilie said...

First of all, I TOTALLY forgot Lucy is not even THREE yet! You are an amazing mommy. So many happy posts. My posts would not be so happy in the same situation. And that, my friend, is why I am glad to know you.

Second, hooray for alone time with the hubs!

jenna marie said...

you should change your blog name to The Funnest Family. You guys are always up to good stuff. That Heinz bottle shot has me starving for fries. Did I already comment on how long your hair is getting or did I just think it?

Auds Beck said...

You are a great photographer!! It helps to have cute kids too:) I can't believe how BIG Luc is and how long her hair is getting. Oh, how we wish we could be back there to enjoy the awesome fall-time, it look like so much fun. I had no idea Lucy know how to scream....you learn something new everyday!

love us!!!