Friday, June 4, 2010

Swimsuit Season!!


(First, a quick note. Lucy has at one point seen Bionce dancing to" All the Single Ladies".
In the video, they are wearing what looks like swimsuits.
So now every time she wears her suite,
she says, "like all the single ladies?" HA!)
Its about time. I could not wait to put this snazzy suite on Luce!
She loves it! We don't have anything close to a swimming pool,
so the next best thing...
This is the biggest tupperware we have. They didn't seem to mind that there is no room for sitting,
and biggest attraction seemed to be putting rocks in the bottom.

Jeff cringes when he hears the word "picnic". Lucy on the other hand, she loves them as much as I do, so she asks for them often. Jeff does take part in finding new parks every time,
which really makes for an adventure.
Rodney Dangerfield! This kid, I swear, if he hasn't tried it, its not out there.
Happy Memorial Day Weekend!
Memorial Day is HUGE out here,
(because of all the war monuments, and the historic area).
Our town of Falls Church puts on a huge bash every year (as does every small town)
of which we took part doing a race.
The kids were golden, and despite the 100's of people running we managed to
get our free T's at the end!
YUM-O!! Grilled Hawaiian teriyaki chicken burgers, with fresh pineapple,
pepper jack cheese and honey smoked ham!
Salad and home made ice cream to top it all off!
My heard pattered a bit when Lucy got her FIRST invitation to a birthday party!!!
It was a swim party, so she's wearing her suite and cover up!
Jeff and I both agreed we were much more excited for her to go to a party,
then we would have been about an invitation for ourselves.
When they say "chance of rain" its not just a sprinkle, its a down poor!!
Thunder, Lightning, gobs and gobs of rain, but none of this ever takes the
bite out of the air which makes playing in the rain all the better.
This is long after the heaviest rain had stopped, but cautious Lucy didn't
dare step foot out in it with out her full body armor on. Rain coat AND umbrella.

-That reminded me of the funny way Lucy says some words. She'll try and pronounce
things, but just can't get them right.
Waffles- awfuls
ridiculous - deediculous
stroller- stroedoe
microwave- mycrove
umbrella - bumbrella
To the song Ring around the Rosies she'll say the "cows are eating cups of butter"
(instead of eating buttercups. Sounds tastier to me as well Luce!)
There are a billion more, but that will do for now!



6 comments:

Emily said...

Little girls in swimsuits are just scrumptious! Lucy is no exception. Glad you guys are doing so well!

Rebecca Barlow said...

Super cute! Your family is simply darling. Love this post.

Danielle said...

i love her suit. . I almost bought that same one at target for sid because I loved it. . .i finally talked myself out of it because she already has one that fits still.

Jen said...

I have almost bought that swimsuit for Berkleigh at least 12 times. It is so cute! I love all the crisscrosses in the back, and the silver dots. So cute!

Karlyn said...

And how does Lucy say Truck??? Jk! She told us herself a couple hours ago! P.S. I am absolutely loving my hair. I am quite vain. The bangs are exactly what I needed. Thanks a bunch!

jenna marie said...

aaauuuh, I feel like I just got a great big helping of East Coast fun. I just wish I was there to have fun with you too!