Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Potomic


Saturday was Soap Box car racing, down capitol hill.
Since we arrived bright and early,
we had some time to see the capitol, and do a bit of our own touring.
Lucky for Chars and Luce there was a broken sprinkler,
which kept them both VERY entertained (and wet).
Just down the hill from the Capitol is a little brick structure/cove
with a decorative fountain and fresh flowing water.
Great place to cool off and enjoy the shade.

Trying to teach the kids "the wave".
Luce has really been into holding Henry, and he LOVES it.
He's at a perfect age to recognize faces and voices.
He for sure knows mine and Jeffs, but its so fun to see him light up when he
sees and hears her.

A dreamy evening!
I'm surprised that along this particular stretch of the Potomac,
on a beautiful friday night, that not more people were out having picnics.
Weather was perfect, water was perfect (well, actually stinky) and we had ourselves a picnic.
We were on our way back from Leesburg, from picking up a FREE play kitchen
I found on Craigslist.
Lucy and Chars have been very buys making many creations.

Love this photo! It reminds me of a generational picture.
Chars is heading towards the light (or the river...)
We can't wait to plan s'mores and a camp fire for next time!

6 comments:

mae said...

OK. I want to move to DC.

Oh yeah, you are so freaking skinny?! Did you really just have a baby?

Great pics.

Samantha said...

One day I want a family and adventures like you. If only I were brave enough to move across the country...

Alisa said...

How gorgeous; I remember visiting DC with a friend back in '04 and everywhere you turn it's a picture op... I love seeing it all!

That "generational" pic is amazing... frameable!

Auds Beck said...

My cravings for pics have been filled! THANKS!! I love that old school pic it is super cool. What a fun fam you have, I can't believe Lucy's hair-what is up with that curl?

Ashley said...

Cute Cute Cute! I love the new layout by the way. Your kids are growing up so fast. I feel like you were just barely pregnant!!

Jen said...

Looks like you are having tons of fun!