Thursday, February 25, 2010

Absolutely nothing!

This could get long, I need some venting!!!!
So, after deciding to switch Dr. and a huge hassle to do so,
I'll see my new mid-wife on the 4th. Problem, I would LOVE to
have the baby before that. NOT because I'm sick of being pregnant,
(although the floor is getting further and further away)
but then I'll finally be able to stop wondering
"when will the baby come?" (I am due some time around the 1st to the 5th)
I asked my soon to be X-doctor his tricks on speeding up this process,
and asked specifically about long walks.
To that, his reply (in his THICK accent) was "that won't
help anything, it will just make you tired" and then moved on.
Well, I'm glad to know my 45$ co-pay went to something,
No thanks to you, Dr. Filipesco.
(oh, I am nearly dilated to a 1. Disappointing, but typical for me!)
Ok, break.
This picture, the new club house for the kids!
They LOVE this cupboard.
We've taken out the shelf,
and next to this one there's even another cupboard
just Charlies size.
NESTING.
Not a word that I have found in my pregnancy vocabulary.
I often do try and trick myself into nesting, but have grown tired
of disappointment.
Yesterdays treat, cinnamon raisin bread.
Its really a shame my husband doesn't help me eat all these carbs.
(this weeks baking fun, chocolate chip cookies, corn bread, apple pie,
and shown here, the bread)
Nesting, I guess I just have a list of things needing to get done,
and we're getting there.
(And the baking for today, homemade tortillas,
that I can turn into tortilla chips, for our taco soup! YUM!)
Lunch time.
When we are just a small crowd, we dine in the kitchen.
Lucy is offering some sandwich to Chars, who is STILL NOT WALKING,
and would take any food, from any stranger!
(Yes, I still do LOVE grapefruits, have at least one a day,
and am thrilled Costco is not closer, or that number may
be significantly higher).
And finally, we do have a nursery, just not the one we intended.
This is the "after the snow" picture.
It looks WORSE in person,
and I can't wait for some help getting rid of all
this extra foliage that has deposited itself from the trees
onto our front yard.

And in closing, the traffic. OH THE TRAFFIC!!!!
No matter where you go, at what time you go,
when you live this close to D.C. traffic is HORRIFIC!!!
Tuesdays adventure, getting Chars to the doctor
for his Nurse Maids Elbow ended up in a 1hr and 45min. car ride,
which on Salt Lake City Streets truly would have taken
TOTAL TIME 35 min.
(We didn't even end up in the right place, and finally got sent
to the ER!)
Helen, as we call our new GPS, as you can imagine has
many many nick names, which are not blog worthy.
She has been a bit of help, and bless her heart, tries her
darndest, but arg Helen!!! Really? Through the
capitol belt way? Really?
Enough!
Enjoy those traffic-less roads for us!!!
Until next time.

4 comments:

Hayley and Josh said...

Welcome to the East. I have a love-hate relationship with the blasted GPS.
I've lived here a year and a half and still get lost!

Heidi Henderson said...

Miss you guys already and am way impressed with your cooking skills! You go girl! Jeff married a super man!!!

Auds Beck said...

I need your bread recipe, it looks amazing, well almost as amazing as your CUTE house! It looks so cute, and those stinker of kids, they are not going to get enough of those cupboards, I heard those big exercise balls are good for inducing labor-a girl in Cleveland did it and out her baby came. The joy of traffic free streets, we will enjoy them for you, but only wish we were enjoying yours with you or you with us! Love ya

Abbey said...

Fun to know what you're all up to! Sounds like you're having fun in the new place.
Darling pictures.
Take care!
:)