Sunday, September 6, 2009

Our latest (VERY) unforgettable vacation

This post will start similar to how it will finish...
We took all non-school grandies out to Wheeler Farm with Great Grandpa.
Despite being really hot, and Lucy having been throwing that previous day, it was fun.
Lucy got sick in the night, which we did not discover until the morning. (this has happened several times, poor girl!!!)
The cousins on the wagon. My heck, there are still 4 OTHERS that are not here!!
That is a lot of kids, from 3 girls (thanks to Jenny)
Lucy is really scared of ducks, but loved feeding them.
And here the story begins. Monday, Jeff called me, and asked if the kids and I would like to join him for a 3 day work trip. Sure, why the heck not.
We loaded up, stopped for dinner on the way down, and no later then 8 pm, it all started. What started? Oh, read on!!!
So, Jeff began feeling sick, and I joined in the misery. We had the kids in bed, went out for a walk, really tried to enjoy our time in the hotel, but decided to call it an early night.
A few hours after laying there, Jeff and I then began taking turns running to the bathroom. As to what occurred there, I'll leave to your imagination, but it was NOT pleasant!!!!
Let me say it was the longest night I've had in a LONG time! I was able to briefly see the humor in it, as I was in bed, waiting for my run to the bathroom, when Jeff came back in. I just looked at him and said "are you joking". Really. The last time either one of us had been that sick was a LONG LONG time, and both been sick together, NEVER.
Ok, well, so the next day, I could have really used a babysitter, or any help with the kids, but the tramp at the hotel was as close as I got.
It was a really long LONG day, of which I'm thrilled to say i survived!
By dinner time, Jeff had sufficiently recovered, and I figured the
scrap of food I'd manage to choke down would
no longer hold me, so we headed to JB's. (I know, thrilling, but
all I wanted was warm soup (yes, in 90 degree weather.)) Anyway, it was
great for the kids to get out, and they both loved the restaurant.
This little stinker kept so buys with the menu. He was really good,
and we have been lucky while going out to dinner with our kiddos. Its usually
a really good experience.
We did have to relocate for Jeff's work, and Lucy didn't seem to mind
her new location. They are great sleepers, so far everywhere we've been (knock on wood!!)
We figured out that in all our adventures with our kids, or just with Lucy, she has
NEVER slept in a hotel!! She's been in all sorts of tents, vacation homes, friends home, cabins...but not in a hotel! Crazy! We loved the pool, and we had it all to ourselves.

Charlie is up for most things, tolerates a LOT, and seemed to like the water.
I'm thrilled to say that it turned out to be a great family vacation, despite the rocky beginning.
(yes, we discovered it was food poising, but depending on what in-law you talk to, you'll get a different diagnosis. ) At any rate, we're thrilled that was over, and that this family vacation is one to never forget.

2 comments:

Jeff S said...

Hey babe-I love you, thanks for such a fun time on that trip!

jenna marie said...

ooh no! I can't believe you two were sick together. Glad you recovered. No wonder I haven't seen you, you've been off on adventures. Call me, I have fresh string beans coming out of my ears just calling for you to cook them into something yummy.