Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thankful...

I am surprised that I chose that word as the header to this post, but let me explain. 
Being ONE DAY away from my due date, and more then ready to have this baby, today, I have been thankful that he has not made an appearance. 
Lucy woke up a few times in the night, and come to find out, she's got a roaring fever. 
So, today, we have really (I have) really enjoyed time with her. Just with her. 
We've spent the morning cuddling, (which she never does), and I have loved being able to hold and rock her, and provide what comfort I can. Its been so nice to have time to give to her, with nothing else needing to get done.
I can't wait (BELIEVE ME) to have this baby, but all things in their own time. 

p.s. The doc says hang in there, as she's skeptical that he'll arrive even close to punctual...arg. 

3 comments:

Emily said...

Love this post. Sometime my best moments come when I least want/expect them.
Hang in there, like you said, you'll only be the mama of one for a short while longer!!!

EBD said...

You made such a great day out of a sick baby! You are amazing. I hope you get your Christmas wish and this baby comes soon! You are too cute and I love reading your blog!

Alisa said...

That is so sweet how you ate up that time spending it with Lucy. The glory of being a mom, truly, for those times.