Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Stork Delivery


Jackie's a little occupied right now, I think I'll post something about our new family addition.

After two days of false labor pains, Charles Jeffrey Sanders (Charlie) made his way to this world. 


He came fast and relatively easy...at least for me. Jackie on the other hand found it a little more discomforting. Despite that, because of her determination and grit, Jackie handled that discomfort with an enormous amount of courage. And all that without any medication! (Yes, I am considering making a superhero movie starring Jackie)

Gratefully we were at the hospital for less than 1.5 hours before he was born, just a little quicker and he would've beat the doctor.


He's perfect to us...7 lbs 5 oz, 21.5 inches and cute as a button. He was born 12:29 AM, December 15th. Jackie is amazingly refreshed and already looking forward to the next one...just kidding. 


Thanks to all our friends and family who have given us encouragement and help!

14 comments:

Paul, Cammie Jo, and Raegan said...

YEAH! We were wondering when he was coming! He is a beautiful baby. Way to go super woman!

Anonymous said...

he is absolutely BEAUTIFULLLL!! Congrats and way to go Jackie!

Megs, Brad, and Abbie said...

YAYYYY!!! I kept checking back to see if there was a post on the new babe. Congrats you guys, and I just have to say that I love the name you picked out. So adorable!

jenna marie said...

YAY!! Congrats guys! Charlie is adorable!! Wish I was closer to help out. Wa to go Jax! love you all.

Joey and Nettifer said...

Oh he is adorable!! Way to go super woman mama! Congrats on the new addition - love the name!
Love you all!

Rebecca Barlow said...

Congratulations!!!! He is absolutely beautiful! I am so happy for you.
Becca

Wendie said...

Congratulations!! Codi told me you had your little guy. He looks adorable. What a cute little family you have. Have a great Christmas. Wendie (The other little Lucy's grandma)

Kim said...

Congratulations to all! What a beautiful little guy. Jackie, hats off to you for refusing anesthetic, you're a better woman than I'll ever be!! I heard a comedian recently who said we should refuse the anesthetic during childbirth but ask for it when they are teenagers!! What a great holiday season you'll have with this sweet new baby.
xoxo Kim, Jared and family

Alisa said...

Okay, here I go with a crying spell when I look at this sweet new angel of a boy! I am all ga-ga right now thinking about what a TRUE miracle it is to grow that baby for so long, take such good care of yourself, and now... voila! He is here! How truly incredible and CONGRATULATIONS you guys! What a gift for your Christmastime. Give him a snuggle for me; I hope to meet him someday soon. I hope Lucy is helping you with those diaper changes (;

Alisa said...

Oh and by the way, what a neat, sophisticated name!

Marie said...

Congrats you guys! I just got your mom's Christmas email and it had a pic of Jackie and new baby Charlie. So fun and happy!

Heidi Henderson said...

Jakie... you are amazing! Congrats you two! He's got the good looks of the Sanders fam! Good job Jeff too :)

Erica said...

Welcome to the world little Baby Charlie!! Your little buddy is on his way! Congrats Jackie and Jeff--way to go on baby number 2!! He's so cute! We wish we could be close and have a little buddy reunion with the new little fellas from the three friends!! Hope you have a very Merry Christmas--looks like you got the perfect gift for Christmas!

Emily said...

Congrats to the Sanders Family. I love the scripture, Every Good and Perfect Gift is from God.
Nothing more perfect than your little Man.
Enjoy him! And Congrats again!