Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Gird up yer loins!

Happy Thanksgiving!
Per our usual tradition, we dined at our neighbors casa.
There was plenty of food, plenty of noise, and plenty of people.
Plenty of all those things were enjoyed!!


For thanksgiving, I am grateful for (first time ever) we woke up the morning after, and my hubs had decided to be spontaneous!! (Y.E.S) We packed the car, threw in the kids, and headed up north to...
Yes, it says 'intercourse'. Intercourse, Pa. that is!
We jotted up the road to Pa to see Amish country (THRILLING) and Valley Forge.

We stayed in the most A.MAZING hotel!! a 2 bedroom SUITE. (That means 3 T.Vs!!) My children are limited with screen time, but on vacay, its no holds bar!! We all had our own T.V!! It was HEAVEN! My HGTV was not turned off for one min. oh, with one exception. We had a full kitchen!! It rocked! Full size fridge, stove, microwave, dishwasher...and this is the feast i prepared! Yum!
Getting a tour of the local digs.


How many Sanders fit in a buggy? I tell you, 5 ! (good thing we're ok with 3 kiddos!)

Becoming educated on the history of Valley Forge.
Meet Mr. and Mrs. Washington

Got myself one fine fella!
On a BEAUTIFUL stroll to see the abandoned forts.

Can you believe the view? The weather was SPECTACULAR!!
Just a dream!!!


Contrary to what ya'll may thing, there are not so many bridges round these parts anymore.
According to a kind sister, she informed me they have nearly all been destroyed or burned down.
Lucy us, we were able to see a few!
The trip was a joy! I love my family! I love my husband, and am such a happier person when we are all together! I don't think he could possibly hate work as much as I hate him going to work!
We had a great time! Lots of relaxing, jammin to songs in the car, suckers, tv time, beautiful walks, delicious food...so enjoyable!
Our weather here as been crazy! the monday after we got back, we headed to see the lighting parade in Vienna. It was obviously warm enough for a light jacket, and shorts, December 1st!!!
(Mother nature sure does make up for the pesky bugs in summer time!)
The kids roasting marshmallows @ the lighting ceremony.
Finally, Christmas can officially come!
We made and decorated our cookies (and ate and ate and ate them!)
Please don't tell me I'm the only mother who feels crazy lying to my innocent children about Santa?
I find myself saying 'he's Magic' and 'Santa has to go to the potty just like us' and 'yes, Santa loves you to' and 'Santa can fly in the sky on a sled' I mean really? Who decided that deceiving our children and corrupting their beautiful minds with such nonsense would be good for them?
Oh my poor babies. I am a bad mother!!!
Love you sweeties!
Until I come up with a better solution, just eat more cookies.

1 comment:

Auds Beck said...

Can I come to Thanksgiving next year, and have great food at an awesome looking table!!! Oh what fun. Your trip looked like so much fun, as always, man Jeff is a trooper....not to mention your perfect kids. Your place you stayed at sounds awesome. What beautiful country you got to see, not to mention great food and cool people.I can't believe how long Char-bar's hair is getting,not to mention how big he is getting!! Luce looks so cute with her piggies. I want to have a like of frosting too. My fav pic is Char frosting the cookie while working his tongue! What a kid, Jeff is a dirty dirty man!! Need I say more....

love love love us,

p.s. set a place at the table for us!!