Friday, July 30, 2010

Thank you Virginia


Thank you Virginia for giving me the chance to wait in line at your DMV for
OVER 2 1/2 HOURS!!! WITH all three of my babies!!!
Luce, Chars and Henry were DREAMS while we waited.
While we waited, we
had our breakfast, toast, bananas, strawberries and cheerios,
went potty (thank you kind ladies who sat with Chars)
read the books I had brought,
played "eye spy"
rocked Henry to sleep
went potty, again (thank you other kind lady who sat with Chars)
made sure we left our fingerprints on the windows.
made double sure drinking fountains were working VERY well,
woke Henry up, (thank you Luce)
danced in the open space,
played hide and seek with our umbrella stoller
wondered why the security guard would not let the kids roam in the lobby (GIVE ME A BREAK!!!! YOU TRY KEEPING 3 BABIES AT BAY !!! They were not touching, playing or even looking at anything that may have been any concern to him )
Oh, and finally, while we waited, we did get our new license plate!!!
I was just about in tears when, truly over 2 1/2 hours later, we walked out the doors.
After thanking thanking and THANKING the kids for being so great,
I asked Luce to pick ANYTHING she wanted for a treat.
She picked, as she jumped up and down,
A SUCKER!!!
Easy.
We sat, in the shade, sucked our suckers, thanked Virginia, finally, that we had SURVIVED!
LOVE Love LLLLOOOOOVVVEEEEE these kids.
I am so blessed!!!!

4 comments:

Emilie said...

Jackie, I'm always so impressed with how you are able to take this whole mothering thing in stride.

I'm ashamed to admit I probably would have had more of the security guard's attitude toward my kids and tried to keep a super tight reign on them.

Thanks for reminding me it's OK for them to be kids...even in public.

mae said...

Hol.lee.cow. 2 1/2 hours! I am almost in tears just thinking about it! Hope you treated yourself too:)

Yeah- you pretty much never know what "dinner" at my house really is. ha ha

Samantha said...

I admired you before but now you are on a whole new level! Guaranteed that if I were in your shoes the blog would read much differently.

jenna marie said...

way to take on the DMV Jax, only you could pull this off with grace.

PS do I even need to say I MISS YOU!? or do you already know it? Do you get sick of my I MISS YOUs every time I come to soak in my fix of Sanders fam? If there is ever a moment when I don't miss you I'm not aware of it! Why are flights so expensive?