Monday, November 2, 2009

One rockin' weekend!

Being that my BIRTHDAY falls the day before Halloween
ALWAYS makes fun memories.
First things first.
On Friday, for my birthday, we headed to Carden, my alma mater,
where we celebrated with the traditional fall carnival
(NOT to be mistaken for a Halloween parade!!! Heaven forbid...)
The kids in there duds.
Lucy, a cat, made mostly by me, thus the reason it is already
in the trash, and Chars, a puppy, again, altered and sewn to fit him,
and again, in the trash.
I think they both realized the paint/costume on the other,
at this moment!
SO CUTE!
And thanks to Auds and Abe for joining in the festivities!
(Chars doing a true puppy dog pose, for his chief, Grant)
I LOVED attending Carden, and it was a BLAST to go back!
I've been back, but not for the carnival in a while.
It was a great beginning to my birthday.
From there, Abe, my mama, the kiddos and I went to lunch.
It was a GREAT treat, and SO fun to spend the morning with
4 of my best friends!
That afternoon, Jeff surprised me with a spa treatment!!!
No kids, no responsibilities, LOVED IT!
Jeff and I went to dinner and a concert that night.
It was a PERFECT day!
Why can't Ground Hogs day happen on a day like this?
The best part was Lucys constant "Happy beedie, mamma"
(she is still saying her version of happy birthday to me,
and still LOVES to sing the birthday song! Thanks Luce!
I so LOVE this girl!)
Here is a picture of the goblins on Halloween morning.
We did some trick-or-treating on Bountiful Main Street,
and headed to my sisters, with the Fam, to gorge ourselves
on all delicious food under the sun, candy and great weather!
We took the kids with the cousins out to fill their buckets with loot!
It was SO fun to see Lucy. She wasn't totally into getting more candy, rather
was just fine with 2 pieces, but we trotted through the neighborhood,
and can't WAIT for next year!
That was not the end of the birthday fun.
Saturday, the in-laws (as per tradition) took Jeff and I
out for our birthday lunch. (Jeffs b-day is in 9 days)
and if you don't want to sit on a big saddle, with the entire
restaurant yelling " YEE-HAWWW" while shouting happy birthday,
I suggest you DON' T go to Texas Roadhouse!
Quite the b-day welcome.
It was a great weekend, and holiday!
Thanks everyone for making it so great!

4 comments:

Megan said...

Happy Birthday to my beautiful, talented friend! You are a wonderful wife and mother and you have more style in your pinkie finger than most people have in their entire bodies! I hope you had a great day...You deserve it!

Emily said...

Happy Birthday Jackie, you're an amazing woman!
Hope you had a great day~

Rebecca Barlow said...

Happy Birthday Jackie!!!! It sounds like it was amazing. Your halloween costumes for the little ones were so cute!

jess (mumbo designs) said...

Happy Birthday! I'm so glad that you sent me your blog info on Facebook. You look wonderful and have such a cute family. Our blog is sjsorensenfamily.blogspot.com