Monday, November 30, 2009

Alive, and still breathing

My turn for the "thankfuls".
I am thankful for my DARLING children! I adore them!
There are many moments that I would NOT survive with out them!
I try to capture when they are just being them.
This is one of them.
Luce loves to sit and just be with Chars.
Oh, I love these babies.
Character! I was just grabbing a few things for church,
one of them being my purse, and Luce insisted that she take a bag to nursery.
Adore this little pumpkin.
Its come and gone. Finally.
My father-in-law turned 60, and due to the significant number he turned,
my mother-in-law decided to throw a surprise party.
This party consumed me for the 2 weeks prior, and I was thrilled when
the night actually came to surprise him. (2 days before Thanksgiving)
I was in charge of the all the decor, the birthday sign, 3 crock pots of potatoes (which took 3 HOURS to cut!!) and a salad!
Needless to say, I survived, barley, and so did my children.
It was crazy, but fun to have been a part of!
The night before Thanksgiving, we had some peeps over for a pre-feast!
I had some fruit dips, crackers with cheese and hot wassail.
We also enjoyed pies, carrot cake and ice cream.
Fun tradition to start, I think we'll look forward to this again next year!
Thanksgiving evening, we celebrated at the great Becks home. (My sisters FAB in-laws)
We decorated gingerbread houses, and totally crashed their party (thanks Becks!! )
That was just the beginning....
Jeff and I rushed home, so I could go to bed, only to get up 1 1/2 hrs later,
and head to P.C. at MIDNIGHT to SHOP!
Never done this, Never, but I figured I can stay up later
way easier then I can get up early.
We had a great time, got some good deals, and WILL do this next year.
(Sorry we missed you in the pic. Lis and cute Kim)
We did not stop there.
The next day, we made a huge ordeal of the lights down town.
We RODE the bus down town, grabbed some grub at the Gateway,
took the train to Temple Square, and when all were exhausted, took the bus home again.
My darling husband (ALSO ON MY THANKFUL LIST!!)
had this fun idea, and we thought it was a blast!

Not pictured here, the lights, but they were there!!
It was not all that crowded, and pretty warm for November.
Pictured here, the very obedient, not willing (at least so far) to pee or poo
her pants, LUCY!.
She is really just making this potty thing so easy.
She's shown with her potty baby, aka baby Betty, and her
treat for poop in the potty.
She gets a fruit snack for poops,
and hopefully we'll phase out of that soon.

Last but not least, half Christmas is set up.
This was todays project.
We need our tree, and I need to finish the outside decor,
but I'm nearly there!!!
Phew!
Until next time.

1 comment:

jenna marie said...

love those cute kids and all the great pics. your holiday decor is fab, did you change the picture above your fireplace for the winter too? awesome