Friday, April 13, 2012

All Aboard!!!


Prepare Yourself!!!!
This was a journey, and this post is sure to be one as well!!!
Some girlfriends and I had this crazy idea that
'wouldn't it be fun if we went to NYC for a weekend, AND ran a half marathon!!!!"
This all sounds perfect, with the exception that 2 weeks prior to this grand event, playing b-ball a sprained my ankle.
Well, to make a long story short, I ran the blasted race, got close to my time (7 seconds over) and had a KILLER/CRAZY/UNPRECEDENTED amounts of fun weekend!!!!
On the journey, Em took up knitting, again. On the 3 hr bus ride, look what we accomplished!!
Oh dear Em, you've got some work to do.





I simply cannot tell ALL we did, but a glymps, the MET, the MOMA, the Guggenheim, Brooklyn Bridge, Newsies (the broadway), the Highline Trail, The Dead Sea Scrolls, Central Park....

Yes, that is the REAL 'starry night' !
You GOTTA eat a NYC pretzel (oh, and skip the mustard, it was nasty!) (( come to think of it, skip the pretzel.....IT was nasty!))

This picture must have been before drugs were administered.
I look a bit spent.
Me, Becky, Emily, Marci and Reece!!!
Perfect girls to travel with, and beyond fantastic trip!

You need not wonder how late its getting! I think this picture was taken at 2am, the NIGHT BEFORE OUR RACE!!!!


FINISHERS!!!!
This race was KILLER! I had trained up to 13 miles,
but taking those 2 weeks off really did me in!
Once cross the finish line, I downed 3 egg rolls, 5 gatorades, 1 naan bread, 1 banana, 2 bagle, all with in a matter of minutes. Really!
I think I was in shock, and great pain, but HECK YES it was worth it!!!
(Oh, and as far as the ankle, I was given crazy amounts of drugs from these ladies, I may have well run to the moon. I have no recollection of much about the race, perhaps those drugs are to thank!!!)

Yup. Sure did. I tripped on the race. About 1/2 mile before the finish.
Thank heavens it wasn't across the line.








And we even caught ourselves a parade!!! Who would have though!!
Happy independence day, Greece!

Are you KIDDING Me!!?!?!?!
Washington Crossing the Delaware, and I paid $1.00?
(ok, I do feel really bad that $1.00 was my 'donation amount' I'll make it up to you, NYC!!)
Sure did! Gotta have a HOT DOG!
Locked and loaded, ready to begin our trip to the Bus, late Sunday night!
This trip was out of this world!!
I would do everything again, in a heart beet. The race, the girls, the destination, the weekend, it was just SPLENDID!!!

No comments: