Monday, March 5, 2012

Who doesn't LOVE a parade!!?

There are some GREAT loves I've inherited from my dear mother,
one being a parade!
I love me a GOOD PARADE!

Saturday was the 'St. Patrick's Day' parade in the charming town of Alexandria.
The weather was pending, but after 10am perked right up. The storm clouds moved out, followed by the sun!
Alexandria is one of my top places in the DC area (also my kids for the charming candy shops we frequent) so we were happy to spend the morning down there @ the parade!


They have begun to welcome spring with the typical side walk decor! Love this place!

The parades we've been to out here (6 and counting) have been so different from the ones I've grown up with.
For starters, there are far more bands and large blow up animals then you'd see in the Utah parades.
This parade was no exception!
They had over 7 'bag piping' bands, all with at least 12 members or so!!
Bag pipes make me cry, (really? yes! No reason, and really no explanation behind this) but I was so OVERJOYED to see so many, it was more like a child's first Christmas!!
It was simply magic!!!!



These little zippy cars were awesome! Flying down the street, these 8 men preformed quite the thrilling stunts as the wizzed by us!
Charlie and Hank showing the loot!
Necklaces, gold coins, Nerds, Laughy Taffys.

This parade will be marked for my 'events' next year!
Such a treasure, that little town is, and what a superb morning!
HA! Read the sign! This is a park bench at the Zoo. It says 'Thanks Hank'.

2 comments:

Auds Beck said...

No wonder you think its St. Pattys day on Sat! your parade was SOOOO early! How fun is that. I love that your kids will actually sit down on the curb and watch!

Emily said...

Seriously, I LOVE parades. It drives Toph Crazy. and Bagpipes? Best sound ever to me! Love seeing your adventures!