Sunday, August 14, 2011

Luckiest kids ever

There was a free Sesame Street 'Big Bird in the Sky' show going on at the
National Air and Space Smithsonian, so the kids and I jumped on the metro and rode ourselves into town.
(They Love love L.O.V.E the metro. Charlie has talked about it every day sense)

We met up with some friends, and Lucy saw what was her FIRST movie
(although it was only 12 min.) on the big screen. I think that will suffice for now.
After, we HAD to get some fries.
Look at this face. How is it that I ever say 'No' ?
View these next three pictures as a slide.
Its a no wonder we call him 'Hank the Tank'


This was EXACTY one year ago, same museum, same seats, same fries
(probably the same grease as well. ) (My gosh how time flies....)

If you want to have one of the best nights of your life, take your kids to a County Fair!
This was the Arlington County Fair. And man did we splurge...the kids got 2 rides each!
(insert future comment from one of them complaining that they only got 2 rides. )

They each chose their own, but this decision was mutual...CROSS COUNTRY ADVENTURE
Sounds like we need another road trip.


Dinner.
I hate to disappoint, but the Sanders Family did not consume a Funnel cake.
It wasn't the seemingly risky grease, or the possible hair in the batter, rather the 8$ price tag that was associated with the deep fried morsel of dough.
I just couldn't wrap my frugal mind around that one.
So dinner at the fair was our own lovely picnic.
Penini's, strawberries, bananas, salad, mixed bag of chips and olives! Delish!
Lucy, even after seeing over a dozen rides to choose form, never wavered from her initial excitement or decision to choose the swings.
I think she had seen some swings that really send kids flying, but this one was a bit more mellow, which may have disappointed a bit, but hey kid, you live and learn.

Charlie holding his 3 tickets which would get him on his 2nd ride of choice, the jeep racers.




And then there's Hank the Tank
This character didn't get a ride. Not a single one, but once arriving at McD's for desert, he got all he could dream of.
Not only a seat in a classic McD's high chair (which Jeff tried to convince me we should steal)
but he got and up close view of a racing fire truck.
This kid loves a good loud siren (although scares him to death)
so I'm glad it made his evening complete.

What would I do if I had more then one daughter? I'm sure I'd love her, but its my favorite thing to tell Lucy, 'you're my favorite girl!!!' and I mean it!
We love our 'girl time' and I think I need it more then she does.
Saturday, we went for a little lunch/snack at one of my favorite places on earth.
Heidelburgh Bakery.
Jeff scouted this place when trying to find a mothers day gift for me,
and its been a favorite sence.
Lucy could pick anything. ANY-THING! Cakes, doughnuts, cookies, pastries, chocolates, croissants....and she picked a sugar bee. (oh, and a sugar lion) Couldn't have been happier.
Gosh, I love this girl!
Come play!
Come play on any one of our free toys scattered in our back yard.
Ok, thats not true.
I did buy the big slide at D.I. but everything else was free, and thats just how we like it!
Stop by, we'll cook up something fabulous in our new outside house.
The weathers been much cooler (like 80's for both heat and humidity) which is so thrilling,
and gets us excited for fall!


3 comments:

lulu said...

You do have the luckiest kids ever! I'm impressed by the "picnic" you brought to the fair. Panini's? You've got to share some talents lady.

Rebecca Barlow said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jenna marie said...

ooh! I miss you! I come to your blog just for my jax fix and when that just isn't enough I wish I could transport myself through the screen to ride on the metro or eat a picnic together =)