Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Back in the saddle

Just livin' the life here, but doing exactly what? Take a peek.
I found Lucy, posed perfectly in this chair, while Charlie snapped photos of here and her baby, with their pretend camera. He was even saying "smile".
Jeff loves him some spanish lessons.
You should hear him!
It goes from pretty good sounding spanish, to sometimes border line chinese.
I'm proud of this little burrito, just wishing he'd whip out a few more phrases now and then.
If you're looking for Lucy and Charlie, check behind the couch.
Henry has not found their stash of toys they don't want him into yet,
but when he does....oh trouble!
Ok. You try living without something for 18 Months, and see how you cope!
Me, it was my beloved CAFE RIO!
I know, ya'll who have one are just thinking, its good, we get it. But let me tell you,
it was not just good....
oh melt in my mouth never eaten so fast GOOD!!
Crazy that the only 2 STATES they have stores in on the East Coast are Maryland and VA!
Oh blessed day!
You can bet that I gobbled up ONE WHOLE SALAD,
(which I'm not sure if I've ever even done that. )

Loved loved loved it. AND they're building one right by us! Thank you Cafe R!!
So, Charlie had a little incident at the neighbors home, which forced him to walk home with out his pants on.
Unfortunately for him, the shoes he wore over there were the purple princess ones,
which made for the perfect picture opt.

We had ourselves a little firework show to celebrate Pioneer Day.
Please take a look at Lucys face.
Poor girl I think will be scared of smoke/steam/fire for her entire life.
Um, yes, those are my kids.
And this is what Henry did on my lap. THE. WHOLE. TIME.
We had a birthday party to go to.
It was NOT a costume party.
Nor was it a dress up party.
However, Charlie went as Peter Pan, and Lucy as a dance.
Honestly its so rare for my kids to play in dress ups, that I seize the day when they do.
Snuck in some time to catch up on some reading.
Still a favorite past time for all of them.
Can I just tell you what a hunk Chars is?
Hes still so sweet, tender and like the song "Old man River"
but we do worry about his confidence and his own self esteem. Thoughts?
We just don't want him to get lost in the mix, and then have it be to late to remedey.
It only took us 7 years to replace our Ice Cream maker!!
We got one for our wedding, from the Rix, thank you very much, but soon after let a friend borrow it, and it was returned broken....
SO.....here it is, the maiden voyage of the new ice cream maker!
Just pretending that they're flying to Utah.
(wonder where they came up with that....)
(actually that implied we are coming, and we're not. I just meant they hear that word a lot)
I love you Craigslist.
Posted 3 baby things on there, SOLD for 40 bucks.
Turned right around and bought ourselfs a second bike trailer, for 35 bucks!
Boughta bam boughta boom.


4 comments:

Whit,Tiff and B said...

your house is so stinkin cute!!! I love how you have decorated it.
by the way. I have a new blog you can follow and keep up with our family. whitandtiffmorris.blogspot.com
hope all is well in Virginia

jenna marie said...

CAFE RIO!! Oh yum...thanks for the great idea for dinner. =) Jax, you are so tan and beautiful!

lulu said...

Love the picture of Charlie and purple princess shoes.
Let me know when you do come to Utah for a visit. Would love to see you.

Auds Beck said...

don't post such a big post!! I can't remember all the fun stuff I have seen in one sittin' but I will sure try! O.k. Char is awesome with his purple heels and the bum grab. I am glad your kids love to read so much. Next time I go to cafe rio I will think of you and try to eat the whole salad. Why is Jeff taking spanish? I didn't think it was o.k. to light fireworks on the grass but maybe that's just me? I guess it is we enough back there. Lucy reminds me of Grant at that age-he would have done the same thing. What fun birthday party you had. My favorite part it the toys hiding behind the couch, does H just not know to turn that way and find some toys or what? I am sure there is something I left out-yep the ice cream maker!! How was it? did you make a great kind I am always looking for a good recipe. Also maybe you should grant your kids fondest wish of their hearts and come to Utah (or San Diego) it would be so fun!!