Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Laminate STILL doesn't paint


This just had to be done.
No, thats not poop, its a leaf.
Look at the dimples!!!
Is this weird to anyone else?
Our crazy neighbors brought a baggie full of these beauties over (plastic doll heads),
and Lucy said "oh, I can paint them".
Funnest park EVER!
Cabin Johns park in Md. was over the top!
They had about 8 separate play areas, with varying skill levels and activities.
We went with friends on Monday, and it was my favorite day this year!
This little house was like a maze.
Check out these slides!
I even flew down them!

It was in a really dense section of Md (not like it isn't everywhere) but it was great to have shade all day!
And the best part, THE TRAIN!
This train ride was over 15 min. long, and was only 1.75!!
It went through the "deep dark woods", under bridges, past the park where he'd toot his whistle, and the kids come running to wave.
I think the kids liked it, but I had a BLAST!

Wow! Look at those faces! You'll have to take my word for it, it was a great journey.
The kids favorite part.
"Porky the littler eater", or as Andrea says, the Liberator (with his accent, that was the best we could make out!)
You put trash in his pie hole, and he gobbles it up.
We went nearly though a package of wipes filling this pig up!
This park was SO fun, and the kids and I have already decided to take dada back.
Before I begin, when we moved into our house, the landlord said
"don't paint anything. Its all original."
and
my husbands out of town.
So heres the before.
I wish you could see the size of the TV thats blocking your view on the left!
Its over 5 ft. tall!!
Anddddddd
Tada! So, I know I know.
The painted mantle. It was the same color as the walls, that oak panneling,
and I felt like if I was making an improvement on the home, it was ok.
(well see what crazy Robert thinks)
As for the TV, its history.
I found myself, nearly every night, just watching the boob tube.
I had a few things I wanted to get done, but night after night,
I'd find myself at 10 pm, having spent another evening doing NOTH-ING.
So, thank you Craigslist.
And I painted our laminate desk.
A. laminate doesn't paint
-even if you put polyurethane on it
B. Jeff said "babe, you've got to stop spending money on our house.
You're already into next months budget.
so, to explain the orange color
C. since I was not spending any money on home things, I had two choice of paint downstairs.
Pink or yellow. When you mix them, you get this.
Really, I needed a project for the afternoon, and since the desk already has a few rubs where the paint was scraped off, I'm sure the orange color won't last for long.

( I just hope it makes it in time for jeff to come home tonight. )

3 comments:

Erin said...

Jackie, I love reading your blog; you are always doing something fun! We have not enjoyed Hawaii as much as we would have liked since our time is spent house hunting but I finally have my car so I can take my kids to have some fun. And yes, I am tickled & excited for Sean and Kari!

Emily Hamilton said...

1st: Those dimples are the BEST!!
2nd: I love the doll heads. How did the painting turn out? :)
3rd: Your house looks AWESOME! Where did you get that sweet framed map.
P.S. We need to go to that park!! Could I get the address?

Auds Beck said...

Now I get it!! the desk is cool1 Maybe you can borrow some paint from Jenny she old has bout 100 colors to choose from! Man the mantel looks great, maybe your landlord won't remember what color is was to begin with-cross your fingers. I want a porky the pig at my house, how cool is that. The kids still look great, oh what a fun mom you are.......love ya