Friday, June 17, 2011

3's company


Sit down, and make yourself comfortable! This post is a doozy.

The kiddies and I headed to Oxon Hill Farm, where we fed chickens,
cleaned out the rocks from our shoes (LUCY!!! About a BILLION TIMES), Fed the gees,
went to the bathroom (LUCY!!! About a BILLION TIMES), Fed the ducks, pigs,
combed the cows and strolled with the horses.
They were all so scared to stand on this hay.
I'm a bit afraid I've raised 3 city slickers.




I think had it been an option, my children would rather have eaten the corn, then tossed it.
Next time we'll know.
Alexandria.
The weather has just been SPLENDID, so we headed to Old Town Alexandria,
with the BG's (Baltz Girls)
This first picture begins the whirlwind romance or courtship of Henry for Brooklyn's love.
The story follows...
Trying to tempt her with forbidden foods
And end with Henry giving up. Throwing his worries at the wind.
We strolled around King street, per usual, and made our traditional stop at Candys Candies.
Delightful I tell you.

Seeing this picture makes me so sad to know time is going on,
and my babies are getting older and bigger. Oh how I'll miss these days.
Friday night, where the party began!!!
Nestled under the Key bridge, on the edge of Georgetown, resting on the Potomac,
you'll find this beauty. Jack's Boathouse.
Jeff has some people from work, the fellows,
just visiting from out of town. This weekends activity was kayaking on the Potomac. (Last week was the bike ride, see previous posts)
I could not believe this place! The location, colors, weather, decor...just perfect!
Not surprising was the fact that Henry made friends quickly.
This was helpful for the reason being that both Jeff and I went out on the water.
If you'll indulge me, one more story, as told by Hank.
It all began when the huckleberries fell from the trees, and needed some cleaning up.
Henry waisted no time, but was mindful of others, and warned them to stay back, while the cleaning got done.
While Scott made sure under the tables were spick and span, Hank valiantly scraped and scrubbed where people may step.
Being certain no spot was left un cleansed.
Not long after they began, a common consensus was reached, that they had once again made that deck shine. All in a days work my good boys! Well done!
(Let me tell you Scott was NOT pleased with his extra helping hand. Let me remind you Scott you were once a young pup yourself!)
And the credit goes to these sweeties. They are SO so so good wherever we go, and were delighted to hang around the food table, people watching and snacking!
Jeff and a few of the fellows. Since his office has maximum security (sounds like a prison, I guess for him it is) there is no chance of me squeezing in a peek of him there, so this is as close as I'll get, and its a treat!

Love love love the multi colored andorak chairs
that put a punch of color into this beautiful scene.
Such a slice of heaven!
Looks like I even made some time for some pre-kayaking stretches.
Always thinking ahead.
And I'm off.
I cannot tell you the joy that was had during my time on the water!
I'm not sure that anything else could have made me happier.
Once I got away from the dock, I made my way to an island.
While getting there, it was So peaceful, quiet, still,
almost as if I'd put the world on the slow motion.
Several times I just had to stop stroking, and ask myself if it was a dream.
It really was unreal,
and I've not experienced anything like it since having kids. (I guess its the feeling of release, or freedom, or maybe it just took me back to Australia, which is where I last Kayaked,
before I had kids)
Not sure what it was, but I only wish Jeff was there to share it with.
He did get a turn, but we weren't together.
It has been on my top 10 things to do in DC, Kayak on the Potomac,
and it did NOT disappoint!
And as if that were not enough, I got back to our table, and voila. This beauty appeared!
It was such a magical night.

Thanks Jacks. You've got a costumer for life.

No comments: