Tuesday, April 5, 2011

It must be April


It must be April, and I'm in love!
I can hardly remember what its like to live away from these cherry blossoms!!
Even in our neighborhood, it is transformed with these practically edible blossoms.
Its just beautiful in the spring.
We ventured to the Cherry Blossom festival (much of which was canceled due to the unseasonable cold) to see the beauty.
Parts of the Potomac are in just a canopy of these blossoms.
Its spectacular, and we hit them right at the peak.

On the way back to the car I insisted we feast our eyes on the creatures from the underworld!
I love seafood, and certainly saw one of everything on this excursion!

Just a day in the life.
What to do when the weather is just not picnic appropriate?
Bring the picnic to you!

Lets go fly a kite.....or maybe not.
We headed off to get our new shark kite on its maiden voyage, but were a bit unsuccessful.
We were not totally discouraged, as there was a playground near by....
Henrys been training for his up coming Iron Man.
Working on his pull ups

Fast forward 12 years.
Lucy, driving a real car.
Charlie, wanting to be taken somewhere, on Lucys "lame" list.
Lucy, rolling her eyes, embarrassed as she comes to a stop light, and sees her BFFS.
Oh Lucy, only time will tell!!

2 comments:

Lindsay Howell said...

Hey my good ol' friend! Did you realize I still blog stock you? Who wouldn't want to read your blog it is the cutest thing!
Your such a fun person and what you do in life just inspires me to enjoy the small things. You remind me of that every time I read your blog. Plus your such a beautiful person living a life filled with joy!

Thanks!

Lindsay Howell
(your friend from Centerville Utah who idolized how you wear scarfs! Now do you remember me?)

Kim said...

Such a fun post! You all look great and I can't believe how your little ones are growing up. I know how excited Cam and Audrey are to see you all. Enjoy those cherry blossoms, they look amazing!
Love, The Becks