Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Hunker down, its a doosie.

Making chocolate chip cookies for dada.
The first night with rollers. SO cute!
It turned out darling, and most stayed in quite well.
LET'S GO CA-APS!!!!!
Jeff and I ventured to the Verizon Center for a Caps game.
The Capitols are DC's National Hockey team!!
An NHL game? SUPER cool.
Super fans. Super fun. Super company. Super night!
How cute is this?
My hubs is just a doll.
This is where he works.
Concrete warehouse.
Sounds like we'll never be visiting him for a surprise lunch visit, as security is so tight.
In fact, just to park there, I had to go through security, show ID, pass through an
xray machine, was patted down. And this was just to PARK.
Lucy takes dance on Wednesdays.
She loves it, and is so stinkin cute in her costume.
Henry, oh gosh sweet boy.
Happy Birthday.
For your birthday, we had lunch with dada, at the National Art Museum.
We got McDonalds fries for you.
You mostly just wanted to walk around, which kept you quite busy.



The birthday donut.
You sucked off the frosting, and left the dough.

Henry, you've been a joy.
You've for so long been called Happy Hank.
The kids and I fight who gets to open your door after naps,
because you're so happy.
You walk everywhere, and usually refuse a hand for help.
You eat most things, but love mini marshmallows.
You are loved, a lot of times to much, by us all!!
Happy happy birthday sweet sweet boy.

We really didn't celebrate much, as your birthday is so much more then your arrival
onto this earth.
Your birthday marks now a year. A year of your life, but a year of my life, our families life
that we've been in Virginia for a year.
Its been a fast year. A fun year, but certainly a year of missing family.
You've met each of your grandparents, a few times, but know none of your 14 cousins.
Not a single one.
You know none of your 5 great grandparents, and have only met 2 of your uncles, and one aunt.
I feel great guilt for all of this, and know that my love could never make up for all
those who love you, sight un-seen.
This year, such a quick one.
Marking it by your birth makes it go by even quicker.
Time has gone. Am I better? Am I a better mother? Am I a better wife?
I'm not sure.
What am I saying?
I'm not sure!!!!
A year. A year of life.
Henry, we're so happy to have celebrated that year of life with you,
here in beautiful Va.

I just had to get a picture of this.
No matter what I'm doing, in this case flossing my teeth,
my children are never to far.
We joke their umbilical cords have not been cut.
Oh, I should be so lucky!!!!
The vacuum in our house for so long has been the big bad wolf,
but we've reached another chapter.
The vacuum has now become a friend.
Look at this angel.
The Sanders fam hit Fords Theater this weekend.
The kids did so so good, and I think both Jeff and I learned
something we hadn't known before.
Does it always feel like you're on the outside looking in?
Cutest thing ever. Charlie was CHARMING these girls out the window.
He is such a doll baby, and I guess he's figured that out as well.

6 comments:

Emily said...

Happy One Year Mark! And happy Birthday!
Looks like always you guys are having grand adventures!

Samantha said...

So jealous of the great historical places you get to visit. So sad that I haven't seen your cute family in so long.

jenna marie said...

you lead a charmed life my dear. Those kids of yours are growing like crazy!

Auds Beck said...

I wanted to see the after picture of Luc's hair. Are you her dance instructor, those sure look like YOUR sexy legs!!! Cam can't believe you said the "D" word donut in YOUR house! Maybe there is hope for you after all. I am still amazed that you can keep control with three tiny kids-I am soooo glad it is you not me, but that must be why you are such an incredible mom and they are such incredible kids. I am glad Char bar found the true reason for the vacuum, that is too fun, he needs to try it on Luc's hair next. Bummer Jeff works in such a secure place, it would be fun to surprise him once in a while. We can't wait for Henry to at least meet another aunt and uncle in a few weeks!!! We can't wait for the fun!!

love me

Rebecca Barlow said...

What darling pictures! Life is passing by so quickly. I am so happy to see it even if it's through this blog. :)

Brett And Tiffani said...

wow! Can't believe it's has been a year! we miss you guys.