Sunday, March 21, 2010

Ground Hogs Day

It all started Tuesday, when I took Charlie into the doc. and came out with a
prescription for pink eye (in both eyes) and some heavy meds for his congestion in his chest.
I had no idea what this was the beginning of!!!
Lucys saga: fever stuck at 103.9 for 4 days, pink eye from charlie, constant congestion
and throat irritation, which had for 2 nights been waking her every 45 MIN. in the night.
One day she literally slept for over 18 hours!!!!
Charlies saga: Pink eye in both, fever, dangerous chest congestion and ear infection
Jeffs saga: Soar throat, cough and EAR INFECTION which left him
groaning in pain, after the meds, for over 2 hours.
I have NEVER dealt with sickness like this.
I've had kids throw up, and one ear infection,
but I've got my kids on meds I don't even know what for.
Its been really scary, not to mention exhausting caring for what feels like triplets!!
They all need so much attention, and are totally dependent on me.
It has been non stop, and we are ready for a break!
I just keep thinking this cannot get worse, and so far, Henry and I not getting sick
has been the biggest blessing.
These 4 days have been the longest days of my life, and that I hope will come to a quick end.
The hardest part, making time for each one of the kiddos, to insure they know how much I
love and adore them individually.
This is a sampling from the pharmacy that we know own.
One thing we have enjoyed, the warm weather.
This is the crew, enjoying the view
at Mt. Vernon.
Jeff showing in the kids the sheep. New sheep had just arrived earlier this week!
Look close at this pict.
Thats Henry in there! Lucy and Henry loved it!
Finally, a first bath!
He seemed to love it, and nothings better then a fresh from the tub baby.

Yes, Lucy does need hair cuts, because it just keeps growing everywhere, BUT the top.
Maybe by the time she's in college, it will have caught up!


9 comments:

Emilie said...

Your baby is only weeks old and you are out an about?!?!?!? You are amazing!

AND your entire family has been sick to boot? You are earning major mother of the year points for sure.

I hope everyone gets better soon and you and Henry stay well.

Megs, Brad, and Abbie said...

You are super woman for sure! I am convinced that there is nothing worse than having a sick family.

I never said Congratulations on your new addition, he is absolutely adorable.

I wish my Abbie and your sweet Lucy could play together, they seem so alike in many ways.

I miss you guys!! I hope you are doing well.. it is my secret dream to live on the east coast so I am living vicariously through you.

It might seem like a lot on your plate right now, but if anyone can handle it all, it is definitely you!

Megs, Brad, and Abbie said...

P.S. My comment seems so all over the place... I blame pregnancy and the lack of sleep ;)

Emily said...

Hope you guys are feeling better soon, being sick is no fun! Especially with a new baby--

Erica said...

Hang in there! I know your pain with infections, and such! Three months straight for our little family! But I think we are on the mend! Get some rest and congrats congrats on cute little Henry!!

Heidi Henderson said...

Hello super mom! Wow! Just reading that wore me out! You are amazing! Congrats on the new little one! He's so fun and cute... definately belongs! :) Love your header too, that is too funny! Want you to know I love you all and wish you quick recovery!!!!!!! Miss you girl!

Auds Beck said...

Henry is a Lucy clone!!! It is so fun to see your fam, even though it makes us miss you more, you all look great,Luc is going to be the BEST big sister, you made it through the sickness, now it's time for spring and FUN!!! too much love-us

Paul, Cammie Jo, and Raegan said...

Henry is such a handsome little guy! He looks a lot like his big sister! Sounds like you have been quite the nurse! Sickness is never fun. Hope things are better now!

mae said...

Jackie!!! Henry is beautiful! Congrats. What an exciting labor story. Loved it.

Hope your family gets feeling better. I can't believe Jeff got an ear infection??? I have never heard of a grown up getting one :)