Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Great Race and Great Basin


Sorry, another massive post.
We finally got a bike trailer. The kids don't totally stay sitting the whole time, but had
Chars not been hungry and REALLY tired, he may have loved the entire ride.
We took a spin down to our favorite local shop, "the yogurt stop"! Tasty!
I'm not sure if the native Bountiful folk attend the parade, but I tell you what, all the transplants are sure there!
We love this little tradition. 23rd of July, we snag a pizza (and about every other idem that is edible), a shady spot, and sweat while we enjoy the candy being thrown, and of corse FAM!!!
Oh my heck it was HOT!
Oh yes, lest I forget the reason why I woke up at 4:50am.
Friday was the day! The 24th of July 10K.
Me, my sister Jenny, Jenna and about two thousand others joined ranks and ran this race.
I have to say I went into this race with 2 goals. One, we'll not say, but the other,
come in under 55 min. Both I achieved!!!
Yup, I was THRILLED with my finishing time, and considering that I didn't train more
then 4.3 miles, I'm pretty darn pleased! Bring on the half Jenna!!!
Must have been a lucky number and day!
We rushed home to finish packing for our trip to Great Basin NP.
Who the heck does not like camping? AH!!!! The smell of the tent, tromping through the weeds, taking things back to a simpler day, eating DINTYMORE!!!!!waking up with the sun, peace and quite, you and nature....love it!!!
Our little fam took a quick trip, and it was a blast! It was not ideal weather, but it didn't stop us.
The rain was luckly just in the early evenings, which gave us time to see the National Park.
Oh my heck this character! This little boy is a darling! Very great at self entertainment, but VERY serious about his food!
Oh, and Lucy, she pounds the french toast! I don't know what Jeff puts in it, but you'd think she had been fasting her whole life.
A hike we took up to a lake. Very private and beautiful!

So, one of us is faking it. Can you tell who?
LOOK AT THIS! I could not believe my eyes!
One of my favorite things, well, my favorite, were the Lyiam Caves! SO cool!!
I love caves, and this one did not disappoint.
Lucy mostly kept herself busy by moping the floor with her clothes. Oh well, thats why we're camping. To get messy!

It was a fun 24th! We've still got a few camp trips we look forward to, and plenty more great weather to enjoy!

4 comments:

Auds Beck said...

FUN FUN!! Jax that car is AWESOME! Maybe we can tow it back and put in in your yard and you can grow flowers out of it! You guys are too cute and have so many great things you do. What a great fam. I didn't even recognize myself in the pic with you and Luc for a sec, I feel so honored to be on your blog!!

jenna marie said...

I love the pics from camping, it makes me really want to go!
you said it - bring on the half!! I should go running right.this.minute to keep up with you!

*The Hales Family* said...

I had two goals for the race too, one was to Finnish and the other maybe shouldn't be posted either...naybe it's the samething!

Heidi Henderson said...

What fun! You guys have the best times! It's so fun to see!