Monday, July 14, 2008

"JELLY" STONE!!!!"








We finally made it! Yellowstone! The Sanders family trip that was nothing but a great success.
Lucy was great, considering that she spent more than 22 hours in the car, total! And missed her
naps every day!













To Hollie's delight, we also saw many animals! The bison were the cause of a huge traffic jam! We also saw moose, elk AND 2 bears!
























The nights were cold, but sleeping in a tent for the first time, Lucy did great and loved it! When we ate dinners, it was like feeding men
on a ranch. The food was laid on the table, and sooner then I could take a bite, it was gone!
All that hard walking around the hot pots and to waterfalls I guess really did it for everyone!
This is a picture inside a lodge, just by Old Faithful! It was gorgeous, and I've never seen anything like it!

































This is the much anticipated hike down the 3oo some stairs, of Uncle Toms trail!
I guess it wasn't as hard as I remember from a few years back, but just as spectacular!!! Oh, and Lucy's first swing ride! She loved it!
All in all, despite ALL the mosquitoes, the 30 degree nights and the drive time, it was a PERFECT trip!
Thanks SANDERS fam!!!

5 comments:

JS said...

I love Yellowstone. What a fun trip. I can' t believe you were that close to all those bison! They scare me... maybe because of the flyers they hand out of the people being gored by the bison.

Glad that didn't happen!

Anonymous said...

Lookin Good!! That was so much fun! Im glad we have great family to share it with. Love You Guys!

jmr said...

love the pic of Lucy in the swing with her pops. too cute! Looks like you guys had a great time. =)

Megs, Brad, and Abbie said...

Oh how I miss the Sanders family! You guys must have had such a great time. We went to Jackson Hole/Yellowstone last year and LOVED it!! I am glad you had fun!

Alisa said...

Jealous. Yellowstone is one of the most beautiful places ever! It's funny... looking at your pictures even just the way the sunlight is cast and the air about the pictures you can just tell it is Yellowstone; kind of a magical place, I love that!

Okay we need to have a talk. You are not looking pregnant to me and that is disturbing. You look amazing! I hope you are feeling well and are not sick or anything. Maybe our paths will cross when the gang comes to visit next couple weeks!

Love,
Lis