Sunday, June 17, 2012

Everything Else

As I thought about what to title this post, I suppose it was best to just header it 'Everything Else' 
as it would include 'everything else' that wasn't stated previously. 
(wow. did any of that just make sence?) 
AAAaaaaaaaaaany way...
LUCYS Dance RECITAL! 
This little darling has loved dance, and this year was a success! 
She enjoys so much being a 'girly' girl, and I'm happy to entertain those thoughts, at least for now.  :) 





The weather here has been SPEC-TAC-ULAR!!! 
Just a dream! 
We find ourselves outside more days then not, and this afternoon included a popcorn picnic party. 
Library books, popcorn, beautiful shade, sounds like nap time to me. 


We loaded up the bikes and our picnic dinner, and headed to the trails near the 'airport park' 

I feel like the picture of Charlie below (on his bike) suites him so well. In life, he is happy as a lark, completely content to do his own thing, and doesn't take much regard to his surroundings or others. 
And there you have the picture. Charlie, training wheels and all, passing and being passed  by professional bikers, and he's just enjoying the ride. What a sweet boy. 

 Lucy wasn't the only one who got some use out or those dance shoes!! 

Some days I just have to tell myself 'the house will be a mess today, I may never shower, but dang it, we will have some F.U.N! 
This was one of those days. From one craft (read - mess) to the other, but it was so fun! 
I think this was the day when I finally did get around to doing something productive, making dinner, I walked passed the front door, and from outside, Lucy yells, 
'mama, won't you come pick some clovers with us?'
 who could turn that down? 
And so I DID! 
Dinner sat on the stove, we ate late that night, but you know what, that will forever be a favorite memory of mine, and since then, I'm in search for daily moments like that! Life truly is to short. 



We snuck away a few weeks ago to see 'South Pacific' at Wolf Trap. LOVE the out door venue, and love this date of mine! 

 Ok. So I went a little overboard on the play dough pictures. 
I just had to capture these moments. 
I was in a mood where I wanted to freeze time, and freeze these little hands and bodies, and never let another moment pass! 



 





As the boys and I were getting down and dirty in the play dough, Miss Lucy was busy making sure all her babies were well cared for, fed, and taken for a walk! 

And this kid, Hank, I just have no words.


You know how sometimes something happens, and you think 
'How on earth did THAT happen?' 
Well, I wonder that, daily, in reference to my husband. 
I know people profess love to their hubs on blogs, and I suppose I do, but this time, I really mean 'how did that happen?' 
I have put Jeff through the ringer, and he'll agree, 
How did it happen that this guy fell in love and wanted to marry me? 
However it happened, by whatever small chance, it did, and I'll forever ask, 
'how did THAT happen?'
 Jeff is my favorite father, a wonderful supporter, and such a perfect companion!! 
I love him, and was so glad to celebrate him on fathers day!! 

After weeks of begging, we did it! 
We took a bus ride! 
My darlings have been wanting to ride the bus, so we did, all the way down to Trader Joe's  



Jeff headed off one Saturday morning early with a friend for a bike ride, so the kids and I took advantage of a lazy Saturday morning, and grabbed donughts and juice @ our local store. 
I think the sugar was a bit much for them @ 8am. :) 




No comments: