Thursday, February 9, 2012

You may not know...

You may not know these things.....and frankly, you may not need to know......
We have many a place to play in our house. A favorite, this large bay window in the den.
Henry has gotten stuck in this baby pretend high chair more times then I care to count
Friday night has become our un-official pizza night.

To kick of this new tradition, we let the kids watch some of movie.
Its clear that T.V. is a special thing, as it was brought down form the dusty attack and put on the table just for such an occasion.
You may not know that the trick to a thick, soft, chewy cookie is not having the dough to moist. I never knew this, and shame on any of you who did, and didn't tell me.
Same recipe. Same day. Same ingredients, BUT with more flour (on the left) and they were
GO-ood. You're welcome!
Hank loves him some stamps. Stamping himself that is.

A new favorite toy is the vacuum. I was feeling quite generous one day, and let the boys suck up about 5 cups of cheerio's I had intentionally dumped on the floor. Oh the joys.
We took the metro down to see the free 'big bird in the sky' show @ the Air and Space Smithsonian's Planetarium.






Henry needs you to know he loves peanut butter (on a knife). He loves cherishing it behind his chair in the kitchen.














Charlie can now use the bathroom by himself (to prevent major sprays) we have been helping him for the last year 1/2. Its such a treat to not take him, and Lucy and him have some great quality time in the bathroom.




Lucy and I had a girls date. Cupcakes and donuts were involved. I say to her, we're the only girls, so we've got to stick together!
Love this girl!

5 comments:

Karlyn said...

The picture of Lucy in the bathroom with Charlie made me realize how much she has grown!!!! I can't believe it! I definitely approve of unofficial pizza night.....Zack and I have a bunch of those (I know, shocker). Loves!

Emily Hamilton said...

One of my FAVORITE things is when we will show up at your house with the greeting committee at the bay window. You have such cute kiddos. We LOVE your family.

Auds Beck said...

Too fun!! I am so glad your kids get to climb up to that big window! Poor Hank in the chair, the little stinker. The pizza looks awesome. Sometimes the best toys are not toys at all, next time by the cheap cheerios and let them suck them up:) I didn't know that about cookies or I SWEAR I would have told you. Has Luc grown like 6in. since your last post? She looks so TALL! How is the Spanish for Jeff commin? Looks like fun. Maybe Claire and I should start a girls-date too, can we do it with you guys if we ever live on the same COAST of the country!!!!love love love me

p.s. cute RED glasses ya little stinker! Did you get those at UNIQUE?

Alisa said...

It's been a while since I've seen your blog... I have to say #1 how BEAUTIFUL your little ones are! And I also have to say how I admire your not-a-lot-of-TV rule! I love your red glasses. I agree on the cookies... I believe in 3 secrets: enough flour, take them out before they're truly "done," and love. The ones on the left look superb! How darling to have a you and Lucy date. Looks like you have lots and lots of fun around your place! Oh and I absolutely love that picture of you on the floor with your kids; that will be a treasure one day ;)

Emily said...

What a fun post, so fun to watch the kids get bigger, and smarter, and funnier! So glad to see you guys are doing well! Miss you!