Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Harpers Ferry

Frying Pan Farm
this day will go down in history as the beginning of Lucys week LONG fever/sleep for 15hrs a day/evening rash week. We went to the farm, and completely unrelated, Lucy got really sick.
Glad we had some fun before though.
Surprise, Hank!
Love love L.O.V.E
Hank the tank in control.
A sample of breakfast. Eggs, cinnamon toast and home bottled peaches
Wait for it....
must be F.R.I.DAY! Garbage day.
This morning will never be dull at our home!
We did it again. 2 things.
Went to Harpers Ferry, WV. again, and took another trip with the McCooks.
This was on the what we'd find out to be the tail end of Lucys sickness.
Much to my disappointment, I spent more time taking care of her then vacationing, but I decided I would rather be up there with family and friends, in the fresh air, then stuck at home.
Don't mis-understand. I love my children, but having her illness come this weekend was just well, in convenient. ( Is it ever convenient?)
I was delighted to spend time with my Lucy girl, but missed out on some of the fun.
Charlie and Tristan playing with the 10$ flea market finds.
Also not picture are the late night game fest's, miniature golf challenges, swimming excursions, food creations, L.O.N.G walks to the bathrooms, Andrea winning Monopoly, yelling at the neighbors for to much noise, all you can eat pancakes every morning (a highlight for Dave)
late night root beer chugs....so much to share, so little space.
Rise and shine campers! A beautiful morning in H.F.
The bus ride into town.
Teach a man to roast a hot dog and feed a nation.
(or the saying goes something like that, right?)
Charlie has been a dream. He's always been such a tender/kind/sensitive boy, but he has been 200% of that lately, and it just melts my heart!
He always says 'thank you' after been given breakfast or lunch.
LOVES milk with his brekkie (breakfast)
If I won't help him with something, he goes right to Lucy for help (which he always gets)
Is doing MUCH better at saying his 'L's' right now they're w's. (for example , woocie is Lucy, whyun is lion, wook is look. Keep trying chars!)
cannot get enough of him!
Sorry, is this picture grainy? Oh well, you get the idea!
And this photo was the last time we came! Look at those babies!


Resting on the stairs as we climbed to some rock.
Dave, what exactly were we noting on this particular excursion? :)
Hank making his fish face

And here they are, in all their glory, ready for the 60+ miles that lay ahead of them,
but have no fear, any problem they were to encounter, those spandex pants would ward off any danger!
Jeff and Dave biked back home, and despite the horrible weather, had a great time!
Just before the kids and I got in the car, they found what would be the best memory of the trip. The McCooks had spilled their mints, and knowing my children, they could smell treats a mile away.
They immediately began sifting out the 'good ones' and bad ones, and the rest is history.
Lucy showing me 'see, this is a good one'
Wow, look at all that dirt on Charlies!
My kids really don't like to get dirty, but when it comes to food, they'll do anything!

Happy little helpers! Must have been mop day at the Sanders home.
I've been so overcome lately... with not only the attention needed for these little ones, but also gratitude for their healthy, growing bodies! Not a day goes by that I don't recognize and appreciate that!
I am so blessed!

4 comments:

Emily Hamilton said...

You guys do such fun things! Looks like a blast. I love the pictures. I definitely need to visit this place. Jeff is impressive to bike all the way home!! Wow.

Emily Hamilton said...

P.S. I love the garbage truck picture...classic!! :)

Auds Beck said...

How do you have time to mop!!! Are you crazy! You must be Dixie's daughter :0 I want to go to H.F. with you, why didn't we go when we were there. Tank is right, what a porker. Char is so cute, you really got some great pics of him, the s'more one is the best! Oh the joy of sick kids, like you said, it is never convienent and it is sooooo tiring! Those garbage pics are too cute. Man those kids grow fast.......give them a mint from me too! love me

jenna marie said...

auh Jax!! I want your life!!!