Sunday, February 6, 2011

They just kept getting bigger

The weather was warm, the sun was out, so we set out on a quest for puddles.

Long winters make for long shadows
At first, this 'barley big enough for 2 boots' puddle was the thrill,
then came the mother load.
And they just kept getting bigger.

Lucy spotting the biggest puddles (and perhaps some boys) down a bit further


At last. The big Kahuna. The puddle of all puddles.
The puddle that all others will be compared to.
Big enough for the whole fam.

Isn't it funny that even in 50 degree weather, if the sun is out, and kids feel the tiniest bit warm, they'll think its swimsuit season, and appropriate to start stripping themselves of warm things...gloves, hats, coats...
The facts:
Thursday play group was at our house.
Lucy keeps this nail polish in her play purse.
Lucy has never attempted to paint any part of her body, but on Thursday,
a play group friend and herself began a little nail polish part (to my surprise)
So, it shouldn't have been that big of a shock when days later,
from the dining room, I hear Lucy call "Charlie, go show mama"
In strolls my darling boy, looking like this.
I had to take a picture, before I surveyed the possible damage.

I was not shocked at the potential disaster on my hands, rather stunned by my sweet boys
ability to pain nearly every one of his nails, perfectly.
Lucy did not help.
This was all his own handy work.
I remember, in like 6th grade, finally being able to paint my own nails.
Just look at his skills!
We have a boy genius on our hands!
Oh Charlie, I am so proud.
(Back to the damage, it was manageable.
However, any tips on removing nail polish from carpet?)

3 comments:

Auds Beck said...

Claire saw Char-bar in that last big puddle and said OH WOW Charlie! She also enjoyed his painted nails!

jenna marie said...

oh my goodness, nail polish out of carpet? scissors?? =) Are those boys in for it or what? They have no idea what is in store for them with an older sister!

Alisa said...

Oh my! The nail polish! I would be just as proud if I were you. The fun puddle jumping reminds me I need to invest in some wellies for Croz & me :) Love seeing your updates/pictures; hope all is well!