Saturday, January 15, 2011

Rate R: contains brief nudity

When you can't get to the fun, bring the fun to you!
The outside slide has re-located (for now) in our dining room.
It HAD to be done!! (photograph Chars undie bod.)
This little cutie, sweet boy, char bars, che, chars, officially begun, and I may say ENDED potty training!
He has rocked the potty world, inside and out!
Lucy, my heavens, I hoped I'd never potty train another child after her.
'sit on the potty and yell like your in labor' was Lucys idea to train.
(it only lasted 3 days, but still, 3 DAYS!)
Chars, just do it!!
He's done!
We are DIAPER FREE! (at least for him)
He mastered this art in just 4 short days!
What I did:
My kids don't have candy (I'm talking not even fruit snacks) so he did get to choose a treat (one mike n'ike, one chocolate chip or one m&m) and he got to choose a sticker for his chart.
Oh, he did have 2 accidents, which he got punished for.
Can I say its been a joy? It has, and well done, well done my son!!!

Are you kidding me? Really!! Cannot get enough!
He chose his undies.
I'm thrilled with his selection, but even more thrilled with his muffin top!
His bum has gotten a lot of squeezes!


Really! Look at those hands!
Chars was up from a nap, and the other were not yet.
Just practicing threading beads onto a toothpick.
A lot can be said about a boy who can thread pink beads onto a tooth pick,
with blue nail polish. Tender little boy I tell ya!

With out my making it official, by the new year, I've got a fresh outlook on life.
I will admit, my home use to be run like a military camp!
There was very little margin for error.
Snacks were under lock and key.
Clean up was ALWAYS done.
There was no tolerance for indecision.
And I'd occasionally not stop what I was doing to give them a squeeze.
NOW:
You may see a child of mine walking around with a cheese string, or pretzel stick.
I will clean up toys after them (on occasion)
When something is dropped on the floor (EVEN if I mopped that day) ww3 will not break out.
Hide and seek has become a favorite.
The phrase 'and thats ok' has been heard a lot at our house.
Crayons, trains and puzzles can be reached at any time.
LIFE IS SO GREAT!
Who would have known that all the things I thought were keeping it together,
really were making things so much more difficult.
I wanted to change.
I needed to change.
My children are my world, and I don't think they knew that.

Rub a dub dub, all my babies in the tub.
It was a slow friday afternoon, and what better to do then soak in a nice warm bubble bath.
(if only we had a HUGE tub, I may have joined them)


1 comment:

Auds Beck said...

nice work Char-bar!! That is awesome!! It's too bad your aunt Audrey and uncle Cam are candy addicts-they might have to make sure you guys get lots when they come to see you in April(shhh don't tell your mom, we will bring fruit snacks too) They are too cute! I love the idea of a slide in the front room, whatever works. We can't wait to see them!!!love me