Monday, December 6, 2010

My heart is FULL


I took this picture after the kids had a bath in my tub.
I cannot count the times in the day I say "I'm going to miss these days"
I am going to miss a sponge filled tub, having 3 bowls of mush to get ready in the morning, having a grocery cart full of babies, (not food), sitting on the floor and reading books, watching them get great joy playing with each other, holding Charlies hand as he sits on the toilet and grunts. I LOVE MY BABIES, and hope I'll be as happy in the future, as I am now.
Oh, and I may even miss a messy house. Really.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEFF!!!
I surprised Jeff with a NEW CAR!!! (truck)
He's really been wanting a truck, and I thought ok, go big or go home. SO, this is what we chose. He loves it.
The kids love it, and the neighbors, not so much.
But hey, when you make it to 34, you deserve anything!
ok really, not really. Just a huge truck parked at our house, but it WAS on his birthday.
We had some friends over to celebrate that night.
YUMMIEST chocolate cake I've ever made!!!
How I love Jeff!! I am so lucky! He loves our babies, and loves me!
We had a great b-day celebration, out to dinner and a movie with friends.
I love him, and was happy to celebrate another year of life with him!
Henry has grown and GROWN. Crawls, pulls himself up, and even pushes things to help him walk!
He's not even 9 months yet!!!!
Lucy wasn't crawling yet, and Charlie didn't walk till he was 17 MONTHS!!!
He's called by our friends the Ellis's "the chosen" because hes so happy, observant and peaceful.
We love our little che-che.
I laughed at the site of this.
We had little Abe Ellis, my 3 babies, and some clothes to take to a friend, and we looked
like a homeless advertisement. oh, we HAD to bring the grocery cart, popper and trike.
We were just making our way to the park, to enjoy the almost eternal fall weather back here!
Chars and the popper, oh, and the back pack.
This is looking up the street, where our house is.
Love love LOVED the fall here!
Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving! I feel like its been CRAZY around here!!!
From visitors, to my birthday, to Jeffs birthday, to Thanksgiving...you get it.
We had Thanksgiving with Zack and Karlyn, and our cherished neighbors, the Ellis's!
Oh how we love the Ellis fam!
It would have been a bit more amazing, had Holly not been on bed rest.
She's prego with her 5th, on bed rest, and we were doing Thanksgiving at their house!!
We started the feast at 11 with appetizers, planed on eating at 12:30.
This is the last of the last. I had done a cheese ball, potatoes, stuffing, gravy, 2 pumpkin pies, tuxedo cheese cake, rolls...and just as I got the last batch out of the oven, said
"ok, we're just about ready to eat!!! what time is it?"
The plan was to eat at 12:30, and it was over an HOUR later!!
It was CRAZY in the kitchen, Josh Ellis worked wonders, but we didn't make our deadline.
However, it was a FEAST!! GREAT food!!!! BEYOND perfect company, and we didn't go home till after 8!! We love LOVE love the Ellis family, and feel so lucky to have them as our neighbors!!!!

Oh, and future potato makers. If you find yourself wondering how many potatoes might feed
8 adults, and 7 kids, the answer is NOT 15 lbs!!!
This is the LEFTOVERS picture!!!
But boy oh BOY were they enjoyed for DAYS to come!!!!!
Lucy and her makeup.
We got together with our friends, the Baltz, to watch the BYU vs UTAH game, and the girls
kept VERY busy and quiet in the basement, doing this. Makeup.
Everyones got to start some time, right.
To celebrate the season, we pierced Henrys ears.
Doll, right?
Really, its just his lunch, that had landed perfectly on his ear.
Ok. LOVE love love this!
I made this wreath, it is hanging on our wall, and I try and not "ohhh and ahhh" at it as I pass.
Happy Thanksgiving, and bring on Christmas!!

6 comments:

Samantha said...

So how, pray tell, did you make the wreath? The only cute things that I have in my house I copy from clever friends like you.
P.S. I'm extremely proud of you for watching the BYU Utah game.

Megs, Brad, and Abbie said...

Is there anything you can't do? You are seriously amazing!! I love that wreath... where did you find the idea for that? So clever.
I wish I knew your kids because I think they are adorable. I am convinced your Lucy and my Abbie would be great friends.. maybe if you ever move back to Utah we can make that happen.
Hope you guys have a Merry Christmas!!

Jackie Sanders said...

So, I'm way behind the times, don't know how to add links, but the wreath, you can find it on this blog
http://livingwithlindsay.com

Ashley said...

I love the wreath!!!

The truck part made me laugh so hard. I was truely fooled and wondering why he would need a truck so big. ha ha

Auds Beck said...

WOAH!!! Hold up!! You can't make posts that long there is TOOOO much to comment on in that one!! First of all I LOVE your main pic, you need to blow that one up and frame it! It is great of all of you. Everything looks so fun, man do you know how to celebrate or what! All that food looks like it comes from a caterer, not my awesome sis JACKIE! I am so glad you are enjoying your BABIES, maybe it is because they are so cute and soooo good too! Thanksgiving sounded like so much fun and fall looks incredible back there, how we miss it! I love your apron too. Your wreath is incredible, I could look at it all day long, I can only hope my turns out half as good! Do you think Jeff would get very far to work in that thing? It screams look at me all over it and in downtown DC that would be a hoot! I picture him more in a Audi-maybe next year?:) Love love love, me! P.s. We can't wait to come out in April. Bring on Unique!!!

jenna marie said...

you made that wreath!? Oh my goodness Jackie, I would love to copy you on that one. Darling! And speaking of darling, the way you talk about your kids fills my heart up with happiness. auh Jax, the best mommy ever. And your homeless ad, seems like we could have been on the cover for that look back in the day with our grocery cart moment in that snow storm that one time. great post! Be sure to wish Jeff a belated bday for me.